iPhone 6 smartphone was released in September, 2014. The phone comes with a 4.7inches LED-backlit IPS-LCD-capacitive touchscreen that has resolution of 750pixels x 1334pixels at 326ppi density. iPhone 6 smartphone price in Kenya is around Ksh. 41,000.
The phone is powered by dual-core 1.4GHz Typhoon (ARM v8-based) CPU, Apple A8 Chipset. The iPhone 6 runs on iOS 8 that is upgradable to iOS 11.0.2. It has 1GB RAM and available in several internal memory capacity options: 16GB/32GB/64GB/128GB. It lacks a microSD card slot.
iPhone 6 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 1810 mAh battery that has an endurance rating of 61hours. The phone measures 138.1mm x 67mm x 6.9mm (height x width x thickness) and it weighs 129g. It has a 8MP, f/2.2, 29mm primary camera with dual-LED (dual tone) flash and 1.2MP, f/2.2, 31mm front camera.
The phone accepts a single Nano-SIM. The phone has multiple connection options that include WLAN, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC and USB reversible connector. It also features several sensors: Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer.
iPhone 6 :Quick Facts
- 4.7inches LED-backlit IPS LCD, 750pixels x 1334pixels at 326ppi density display
- Dual-core 1.4 GHz Typhoon (ARM v8-based) CPU, Apple A8 Chipset
- iOS 8, upgradable to iOS 11.0.2.
- 1GB RAM, 16GB/32GB/64GB/128GB ROM
- Li-Po 1810 mAh battery (6.9 Wh)
- 8MP rear camera, 1.2MP front camera
- Apple A8 chipset on the iPhone 6 is more power efficient than the 64-bit A7 chip in the iPhone 5s, in terms of processing power and graphics rendering.
- The Touch ID fingerprint sensor can store up to several authorized fingerprints and reportedly has faster operation thanks to a wider scanning area and iOS 8 optimizations.
- iPhone 6 has a metal unibody, It is 6.9mm slim and it is quite light (weighing only 129g).
- The screen has a spectacular IPS LED-backlit LCD and resolution is 750pixels x 1334pixels, a major improvement from its predecessors.
- No FM Radio
- No microSD card slot
- NFC functionality limited to Apple Pay
iPhone 6 Full Specs
|Supported Networks||2G, 3G, 4G|
|Dimensions||138.1mm x 67mm x 6.9 mm|
|Screen Type||LED-backlit IPS LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Resolution||750 x 1334 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~326 ppi density)|
|Screen Protection||Ion-strengthened glass, oleophobic coating|
|Hardware & Operating System|
|OS||iOS 8, upgradable to iOS 11.0.2|
|Processor||Dual-core 1.4 GHz Typhoon (ARM v8-based)|
|GPU||PowerVR GX6450 (quad-core graphics)|
|Storage||16/32/64/128 GB, 1 GB RAM DDR3|
|Rear||8 MP, f/2.2, 29mm, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash|
|Front||1.2 MP, f/2.2, 31mm, 720p@30fps, face detection, HDR, FaceTime over Wi-Fi or Cellular|
|Alert & Sound|
|Alert types||Vibration, proprietary ringtones|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, hotspot|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS|
|Bluetooth||4.0, A2DP, LE|
|USB||2.0, proprietary reversible connector|
|Sensors||Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer|
|Battery||Non-removable Li-Po 1810 mAh battery (6.9 Wh)|
|Available colors||Space Gray, Silver, Gold|